For Sale - 1954 Morgan Plus 4. TR 3 engine. Disc front brakes.
Reluctantly, after 39 years it is time to part with my beloved Morgan due to my advancing age and a recent health scare.
On full Queensland registration and garaged in Maleny QLD.
Purchased by me in the UK in 1981. Imported to Australia in 1983 and first registered in NSW with its original number (PLV 950) that it left the factory with. It now has QLD registration with the same number.
- Complete rebuild finished in 1980 by a civil engineer. I have all the documents and photographic log of the rebuild.
- Complete engine rebuild by Cox and Buckle, Richmond West London in 1983. Now about 6,000 miles on this engine.
- Stage 1 competition head, mild cam, twin Webbers.
- Telescopic rear damper kit fitted by Ken Ward.
- Front suspension overhaul in April 2019 by a Brisbane steering specialist including new kingpins, bushes and springs as required.
- The generator has been replaced with an alternator.
- New upholstery.
- Some spares available. Like manifold with original SU’s and 4 x 15” wheels.
- All wet weather gear even though I have only used it a couple of times, even in the UK. I don’t drive it in the rain.
- Always garaged.
Excellent value at $48,000.
For Sale - 1955 Morgan Plus 4
Fully restored and improved – zero km since rebuild, nothing to spend for another 63 years, with concourse quality bright yellow paint. (restoration pics available – car at Newlan Coach Builders in Osborne Park, Perth).
Stripped down to the smallest bolt and totally restored. New & stronger Tassy Oak timber frame, brand new aluminium panels hand made in Scotland in 2017.
Australian condition 4-core radiator replaced cooler climate 2 core Pommy radiator, electric fan, power assisted front disc brakes, electronic ignition, 12Volt alternator, stronger Landcruiser headlight bulbs, new original heater, two SU carburettors overhauled, original Standard engine, tweaked to 2.2 litre option, new pistons & valves to Triumph TR3A power and specs, zero km, sump guard, new fuel pump and fuel lines, upgraded heat & soundproofing on engine firewall against cabin, noisy & slow 4-speed crash Mog gear box replaced with smooth 5-speed Toyota synchro gear box to reduce unnecessary engine revs on freeways, replaced steering box, new wheel studs and narrow 16″ wheels and low-grip cross ply tyres replaced with 15″ wheels & and radial tyres, new front shock absorbers & lever-active rear shock absorbers replaced with modern shock absorbers to improve handling, two new 16″ spare tyres on display on rear panel, new engine exhaust system & hand-built display wooden steering wheel.
Contact – John Bell P: 0409 116 936
MOQ CAR BADGE$25Measurements: 79mm diameter, 96 wing tip to wing tip
Price: $25 per badge + postage if requiredSKILL LEVEL
MOQ CAPS$15Colours: Blue, grey, black or yellow brushed cotton caps with yellow trim around and metal fastener. Embroidered with Morgan Owners Queensland.
Price: $15 each + postage if postage required.SKILL LEVEL
MOQ NUMBER PLATE SURROUNDS$32 per pairSizes: Available in any combination wide and narrow.
Price: $32 per pair + postage if requiredSKILL LEVEL
LOGO EMBROIDERY$10 eachOptions: Have your shirt and jacket embroidered with either of the logos.
Price: $10 per logo plus postage if required.SKILL LEVEL
10th Anniversary Badge$30Price: $30 + postage if requiredSKILL LEVEL